Sunday, September 13, 2015

Habit 1: Be Proactive

Last week we introduced Habit 1 which is Be Proactive - I am in charge of myself. 

From the Leader in Me website:
"Be Proactive" means to take responsibility for your choices and behaviors.  Be Proactive says, "I am in charge of my own life.  I am responsible for whether I am happy or sad.  I can choose how I react to other people or situations.  I am in the driver's seat."  Young children can easily learn to understand that different choices yield different results.  The goal is to teach them to think about those results before they decide what to do.  Discussions can focus on taking care of themselves, taking care of their things, reacting or not reacting to others' behavior, planning ahead, and thinking about what the right thing to do is.  With your child, think of ways to Be Proactive at home.

Our students have really embraced this first habit and have started to notice times they are proactive and that they can take control of their own behavior.

Next week we will be introducing Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment